Venue: Council Chamber - Council Offices. View directions
Contact: Emma Denny Email: Emma.Denny@north-norfolk.gov.uk
Led by Reverend Phil Blamire, Rural Dean for Holt and Rector for Weybourne Benefice.
To receive the Chairman’s communications, if any.
TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS FROM MEMBERS
Members are asked at this stage to declare any interests that they may have in any of the following items on the agenda. The Code of Conduct for Members requires that declarations include the nature of the interest and whether it is a disclosable pecuniary interest.
Apologies for Absence
To receive apologies for absence, if any.
To confirm the minutes of the meeting of the Council held on 24th July 2019.
Items of Urgent Business
To determine any other items of business which the Chairman decides should be considered as a matter of urgency pursuant to Section 100B (4)(b) of the Local Government Act 1972.
To consider any questions or statements received from members of the public.
To receive reports from Cabinet Members on their portfolios.
1. Cllr A Brown – Planning & Housing
2. Cllr S Butikofer – Strategy & Corporate Services
3. Cllr A Fitch-Tillett - Coastal
4. Cllr V Gay – Culture & Wellbeing
5. Cllr G Hayman – Commercialisation & Assets
6. Cllr R Kershaw – Economic & Career Development
7. Cllr N Lloyd – Environment
8. Cllr E Seward – Finance
Members are reminded that they may ask questions of the Cabinet Member on their reports and portfolio areas but should note that it is not a debate.
Agenda item 6:
To recommend that:
Council agrees to release £468,954 from capital receipts to fund the ongoing maintenance works to Cromer Pier following receipt of the storm surge insurance payment.
Agenda item 9: Electric Vehicle Charge Points – Council Car Parks
To recommend to Council:
The approval of a capital budget of £248,600 to fund the EVC installation project as described in the report. This is to the funded from capital reserves and OLEV grant from Government as described in the report.
Recommendations from the Overview & Scrutiny Committee 18 September 2019
To consider any recommendations from the Overview & Scrutiny Committee meeting held on 18 September 2019.
Please note this meeting took place after the Council agenda was published. The Chairman of the Committee will provide a verbal update, if required.
Recommendations from the Constitution Working Party 17 September 2019
The following recommendations were made:
Agenda item 6: Contract Procedure Rules
To recommend to Council that the Contract Procedure Rules are updated to reflect the following:
1. Updates and changes in legislation, including thresholds, definitions and procedures.
2. Future proofing to ensure references to any EU legislation will be deemed incorporated into these rules if it is incorporated into UK law post Brexit.
3. Recommendations and requirements proposed by the Auditors following an audit in 2018 and the outcome of that.
Agenda Item 7: Review of the Budget process
To recommend to Council:
1. That the constitution be amended to require that amendments to the Council’s proposed Budget are to be sent in writing to the Councils Section 151 Officer (or in his or her absence, the Deputy Section 151 Officer) by 5pm two clear working days before the scheduled meeting at which the Council’s Budget is to be set. This will allow proposals to be costed by the finance team before they are debated by Members, to allow the financial consequences to be taken into consideration during the debate. Any proposals will be kept confidential until announced at the meeting as required.
2. It is proposed that the requirement for amendments proposed at Full Council to be reconsidered by Cabinet be removed, as this presents a risk to the Council that a legal budget may not be set in the timeframe prescribed by the relevant legislation.
Questions Received from Members
To consider any questions from members. Members are reminded that questions to the Leader and members of Cabinet should be put during Agenda item 8 – Portfolio Holder reports. All other questions should be directed to the Chairman of a committee (as outlined in Chapter 2, section 11 of the Constitution)
Notice(s) of Motion
Exclusion of Press and Public
To pass the following resolution – if necessary:
“That under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph(s) _ of Part 1 of Schedule 12A (as amended) to the Act.”